Interested in bringing The Canadian Tire First Shift Program to your Association?
There are a few key factors involved in organizing and hosting The Canadian Tire First Shift program. Finding the right people to coordinate and administer the program will help ensure a successful execution. The three key roles include: a Program Administrator, an On-Ice Lead and a group of On-Ice Instructors. Read the overview outlining expectations for each role within The Canadian Tire First Shift Program.
- People are the key to success!
- Positive, energetic, creative, fun-loving and patient.
- Experience teaching hockey is not necessary for everyone, but must possess a desire to work with children.
There are three key roles:
- Program Administrator (x1)
- On-Ice Lead (x1)
- Instructors (x9) (to ensure 4:1 ratio)
Consider a fresh approach! Pulling from within the organization may not be the best solution, but THE CANADIAN TIRE FIRST SHIFT program can be a grooming area for future coaches.